Our company originally dates back to the trading firm Von der Porten & Franck, established in Hamburg in 1865.

Karl F W Rothlaender was a young merchant when he joined the company in 1927. After the Second World War, he carried on the company in his own name.

The company has been registered under its present name, Rothlaender & Co GmbH, since 1989. It is a fourth-generation, family-run business under the directorship of managing partners Karl-Ernst Rothlaender and Horst Müller-Wieland.

Caroline Rothlaender, who joined the company in October 2009, ushers in the fifth generation of this family business.